The drop-in program is a place for parents and grandparents to bring their children or grandchildren, 0-5 years of age, for play, art, songs and a healthy snack for the children.
Our playroom staff are Early Childhood Educators and are supported by our amazing volunteers.
Main site (#101-93 6th Street, New Westminster)
- Playtime, art, songs, stories and snacks for the children. Have fun with your children, meet other parents.
- Parent Education Programs: Each week we host service providers from the community who provide information on a wide range of topics.
- Family Support Worker: Our Family Support Worker is on-site to provide information about parenting and other family issues.
- Toy Lending Library: A selection of pre-school aged toys are available to borrow and take home. This service is open to all Family Place members.
- Clothing Exchange: Twice a month we host a clothing exchange where parents are encouraged to swap gently-used, outgrown children’s clothing. The clothing is available by donation for families to take as needed.
- Resource Library: All parents are welcomed to make use of a variety of books and other parenting resources.
- Children’s Birthday Party: At the end of each month we host a party for the children who are celebrating birthdays that month.
Open Hours: Monday to Friday 9:30-11:30 am and 1:00-3:00 pm on Monday and Tuesday. Please check the monthly calendar for holiday closures and pre-registered special events.
Lord Kelvin Elementary School Drop-In (1010 Hamilton St.)
Join us in the green portable facing 7th Avenue for playtime, art, songs, stories and snacks for the children. Have fun with your children, meet other parents and learn about other resources in the community.
Open Hours: Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9:00 – 11:00 am
Note – this program is closed when the school is closed
Hospitality Project at the Food Bank (Shiloh-Sixth Avenue United Church, 1111 6th Ave.)
Join us for playtime, art, songs, stories and snacks for the children. Have fun with your children, meet other parents and learn about other resources in the community. Closed when the food bank is closed.
Open Hours: Wednesday, 9:30 – 12:00 am
Nobody’s Perfect Parenting Program
The Nobody’s Perfect Parenting Program is run through Family Place and is facilitated by our Family Support Worker. Childminding is provided on-site while you take the program. Pre-registration is required.