101-93 6th Street, New Westminster
- Playtime, art, songs, stories and snacks for the children. Have fun with your children, meet other parents.
- Parent Education Programs: Each week we host service providers from the community who provide information on a wide range of topics.
- Family Support Worker: Our Family Support Worker is on-site to provide information about parenting and other family issues.
- Toy Lending Library: A selection of pre-school aged toys are available to borrow and take home. This service is open to all Family Place members.
- Clothing Exchange: We are no longer running the clothing exchange twice a month. Instead we will have a clothing cupboard available at each session.
- Resource Library: All parents are welcomed to make use of a variety of books and other parenting resources.
- Children’s Birthday Party: At the end of each month we host a party for the children who are celebrating birthdays that month.
Open Hours: Monday to Friday 9:30-11:30 am and 1:00-3:00 pm on Monday and Tuesday. Please check the monthly calendar for holiday closures and pre-registered special events.
Lord Kelvin Elementary Drop-In
1010 Hamilton Street in the green portable
- Join us at this family drop in for playtime, art, songs, stories and snacks for the children. Have fun with your children, meet other parents and learn about other resources in the community.
Open Hours: Tuesday, 9:30 – 11:30 am
Note – this program is closed when the school is closed
Hospitality Project at the Food Bank
Olivet Baptist Church, 613 Queen’s Ave.
- Join us for playtime, art, songs, stories and snacks for the children. Have fun with your children, meet other parents and learn about other resources in the community. Note – this program is closed when the food bank is closed.
Open Hours: Thursday, 10:30 – 12:30
Nobody’s Perfect Parenting Program
This program provides parents a supportive and relaxed place to meet others with children birth to 5, and with whom they share interests and concerns. Participants design their own agenda and through staff facilitated discussion, assistance, mutual support, encouragement and acceptance, parents can experience transformative growth with a goal to parenting with raised confidence. Childminding provided. Pre-registration is required. Please call or email for details on the next session.
Parent-Child Mother Goose
A group experience for parents with their babies, focusing on the pleasure and power of using rhymes, songs and stories. The pace is slow and relaxed with plenty of time for repetition of material and casual discussion of issues and questions that arise. This is a nationally recognized Early Literacy Program. This program rotates to various locations around New Westminster. Please call or email for the details on the next series.